Special Town Meeting Referendum Vote Feb. 6
Four items are on the ballot for a special town meeting vote from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Feb. 6, 2018, at Newburgh Elementary School. Ordinances on local food and on marijuana are on the ballot, along with a question on withdrawing from the Municipal Review Committee and an appropriation request for a replacement rescue vehicle.
Click on each link to view a copy of each document:
- TOWN MEETING WARRANT 2018
- TOWN MEETING SAMPLE BALLOT 2018
- LFCSG Ordinance
- Marijuana Ordinance
- MRC Letter
- New Rescue Truck
A public hearing on the ballot items will be held at 6 p.m. Jan. 23, at the Town Office.
Residents also will vote on a single school referendum item on a separate ballot: School Public Hearing Notice.
Contact the Town Office if you require an absentee ballot.
Newburgh Audit Report
Click the link to access the town’s audit: http://www.maine.gov/audit/municipal/annual-audit-reports.html
The town is looking for volunteers to serve on the Recreation Committee, too. Please contact the Town Office at 234-4151.
The town office is located at 2220 Western Ave.
Mailing address: 2220 Western Ave, Newburgh, ME 04444
Town Office Hours
Mondays: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Access to Minutes
Minutes are available to listen to on YouTube. Search for “Newburgh selectmen’s meeting” or click here.
- Selectmen’s Meeting – First Monday of the month at 6 p.m.
- Planning Board Meeting – First Wednesday of the month, at 7 p.m.
- Recycling – Recycling is the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month. We now have zerosort recycling. We have informational brochures in the office or you can download here. Please place recycling and trash on the opposite sides of your driveway for clarity.
Free Wi-Fi is available at the Town Office building. You are welcome to bring your computer or device to use. The library also has computers available for use during its open hours. The Wi-Fi is available during all Town Office business hours.
Weekly Email Newsletter
We send out a weekly newsletter via email. If you would like to receive the e-newsletter please contact the Town Office or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Newburgh Guiding Principles
- Respect- We will observe the Golden Rule.
- Ethics – We will lead by example.
- Accountability – Our business will be open and visible.
- Communication – Listening is more important than talking.
- Teamwork/Partnership –The whole is often larger than the sum of its parts.
What Can We Do For You? Let us know! Drop in or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
If you have comments or suggestions for or about the town’s website, or if you have pictures that you would like to see on the headers of the website, email to Newburghmgr@uninets.net